25000-30000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £25k - £30k plus excellent benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Engineering & Manufacturing company as their Health and Safety Advisor.
Health and Safety Advisor – Responsibility
- The operational implementation and maintenance of the ISO 45001.
- Research, analyse and interpret new and existing regulations and best practice in relation to HSE and provide general/specialist/technical HSE advice at all levels.
- Inspect, audit, monitor and report on HSE standards within company in line with legal requirements, best practice policies and procedures. Ensure a consistent approach across the business.
- Ensuring the compliance of Health and Safety Policy / Procedures across all areas and
- departments within the site.
- Advising on Safe Machinery Operation and Working Practices. Understanding of PUWER.
- Ensuring that regular inspections and audits are undertaken (in conjunction with
- Managers, Senior Managers and/or Safety Representatives) of all departments within
- The site, with a view to minimising the risk of accident and, as far as is reasonably practicable, ensuring that safe working practices are introduced and adhered to.
- Undertaking inspections and checking on such items as machine guard safety devices, working practices and general housekeeping and reporting in writing all findings to Managers.
- Following up and monitoring progress on rectification of defects and recommending changes in systems of work.
- Ensuring that all records relating to Risk, COSHH and PUWER Assessments are maintained.
- Personal Protective Equipment – ensuring the suitability of safety clothing and equipment.
- Investigating accidents / incidents, in conjunction with Managers / Supervisors / Team Leaders.
- Completing RIDDOR’s to the HSE where required. Understanding of RIDDOR requirement.
- Advising Management on rectification of defects and recommending changes in systems of work, if appropriate, and monitoring progress of it.
- Working with the HSSE Manager when responding to accident claims.
- Producing monthly accident statistics and reporting any noticeable trends to Management, together with recommendations for improvement.
- Reviewing and Approving contractors where required.
- Ensuring that the permit to work system is followed.
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to and commensurate with the level of responsibility as determined by the line manager.
- Liaise with external and statutory bodies as appropriate.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum in Occupational Health and Safety
- Have a pro-active and hands on approach to health and safety
- Experience in COSHH & PUWER Regs.
Health and Safety Advisor – Desirable:
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Hold an Environmental Management Qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
- Experience with ISO 45001
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.