30000-35000 Per Annum
10 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Birmingham Area
Salary: Circa £30k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A local chemical manufacturing company are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Job Role & Responsibilities:
We have vacancy for a Health and Safety Advisor, to drive the implementation of necessary systems and procedures, in order to improve the company’s, SHE performance and to ensure legal compliance.
Reporting to the Safety Health & Environmental Manager the main duties will be:
- Ensuring the site remains in compliance with COMAH legislation
- Looking after all aspects of the sites safety management system such as, the ISO 14001 system/audits, classification/investigation of incidents, analysis of Root Causes and report writing.
- Owning and driving specific elements of the Safety and Process Safety management systems.
- Improving and sustaining a site wide system of communication of SHE topics to ensure a high level of SHE awareness and competence
- Collating and tracking data to establish SHE Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to continuously improve and sustain SHE performance
- Continually review, develop and Improve SHE policies and procedures
- Collaborate closely with other departments to understand how work activities occur and offer advice and guidance for improvements
- Liaise with Competent Authorities, as required
Health and Safety Advisor - Required Skills
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational health and safety
- Ideally come from a chemical manufacturing / COMAH background
- Knowledge and implementation of Safety management systems and risk assessment processes
- Incident Investigation, Root Cause analysis and Risk Assessment skills
- Good people skills with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels and knowledge of building an interdependent culture
- Ability to train effectively, influence and coach & mentor
Health and Safety Advisor - Desirable skills
- Environmental Qualification
- Ability to work independently
- IOSH Membership
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety
- Fire Risk Assessment Experience
Salary dependent on skills and experience. 36.25 hours per week, 08:45 - 16:30 Monday to Friday, Holiday entitlement 25 days plus all Bank Holidays.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.