35000-45000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Greater London Area with occasional UK travel
Salary: £30k - £45k Please excellent benefits
A local construction company now require a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISOR REQUIRED FOR SAFETY INSPECTIONS AT SITES LOCATED THROUGHOUT LONDON AND THE SOUTH EAST OF ENGLAND
Due to continued expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to complement the team. The successful candidate will predominantly attend sites throughout London, although visits to other areas in the South East and other regions of the UK will be required.
Health and Safety Advisor - The job will include:
• Planning & carrying out safety audits and inspections
• Ensuring work on site is carried out in accordance with Risk Assessments and Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work
• Ensuring works are compliant with current legislation
• Provide advice of health, safety, quality and environmental matters
• Compiling and delivering reports with recommendations for improvements
• Ensure all documentation is collated and stored in line with Company policies
• Increasing Health and Safety Awareness of client representatives on site
• Reviewing competence, initiating and coordinating training plans
• Accident Investigation and Reporting
• Attendance at contractor / client safety meetings
• Provision of Toolbox Talks
• Carrying out Portable Appliance Testing
• Carrying out Face-fit Testing
Health and Safety Advisor – Qualifications and skills required:
The ideal candidate must come from the construction industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Hold a NEBOSH Construction Certificate in occupational Health and Safety
• Hold a SMSTS
• Tech IOSH Member as a minimum
• Have a hands on and pro-active approach
• A good working knowledge of the construction industry
• Good IT skills; using laptop, mobile devices and associated applications
• Full UK Driving License and vehicle required
• NEBOSH Fire & Risk Management
• NEBOSH Environmental Management
• Face Fit Tester
• Portable Appliance Tester
• Ability to train with a PTLLS or similar qualification
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.