25000-30000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: South Wales
Salary: Circa £25k - £30k
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Advisor
to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
As a Health and Safety Coordinator, you'll use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. You'll also ensure that the business and its employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Health and Safety Advisor – Job Role
- Act on and report all Health and Safety problems.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Assist with investigation of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence, including keeping written records of the investigation and action taken;
- Reporting of any notifiable accidents and incidents in compliance with HSE and RIDDOR requirements
- Producing, maintaining and reviewing risk assessments
- Arrange and attend H&S meetings as required.
- Supporting with both external and internal health, safety and environmental audits
- Update dashboards
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required by the company.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Excellent and efficient communication skills
- An ability to pre-emptively support business requirements
- Organisational skills at the highest level and able to prioritise workload under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret Health and Safety legislation and produce written policy;
- Approachable with effective listening skills
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.