25000-31000 Per Annum
30 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £30k
A large manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team. This can be either permanent or on a part time basis.
Health and Safety Advisor - Job description
In this role you will be supporting the Plant Manager and manufacturing personnel in coordinating, planning, auditing, and administering the day-to-day requirements of the Company's HSE policies.
Health and Safety Advisor - Job Purpose
The HSE role is to provide support and leadership to the plant manager to ensure that the company provides a safe and healthy work environment for all its employees and visitors. You will play a key role in the implementation of effective HSE policies and procedures, will lead Health & Safety initiatives, drive a proactive accident prevention approach, and promote positive H&S culture throughout the business.
Health and Safety Advisor - Key Responsibilities
Health & Safety
- Ensure site compliance against HSE policy, through monitoring and conducting site audits.
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are investigated to the root cause and instillation of preventative controls/ actions.
- Manage the notification/ reporting of RIDDOR accidents to the HSE.
- Conduct and lead safety awareness/ alerts through toolbox talks.
- Develop and maintain the site emergency team, selection, and maintenance of fire wardens and first aid support for the site.
- Ensure the site has all relevant risk assessments and method statements documented with relevant controls implemented and maintained.
- Drive continuous improvement, through effective leadership of H&S representatives, initiate and drive action plans to achieve "best practices".
- Work with the plant manager and manufacturing personnel to ensure practical problem resolution to ensure a safe working environment to all site employees and visitors.
- Develop an effective Health and Safety leadership team on site, including an effective team of H&S reps throughout the company.
- Support the plant manager and manufacturing personnel to ensure environmental processes confirm to UK legislative requirements.
- Coordinate with plant manager to drive waste reduction.
- Promote a positive HSE culture and develop employee training programmes.
- Drive a "can do" attitude through problem resolution.
- Collect and analyse performance metrics to provide monthly HSE reports.
Health and Safety Advisor - Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General, NCRQ or equivalent in occupational health and safety.
- Comprehensive understanding of UK HSE legislative requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with good standards of written and numerical literacy.
- Excellent person management and relationship skills.
- Need to be practical and willing to be hands-on and lead change from the front.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.