35000-40000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £35k - £40k
A local metal fabrication company are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
The role of the Health & Safety Advisor is to assist the Health & Safety Manager and the company with the development and implementation of the site wide health and safety advice. The job holder will be responsible for the provision of Health, Safety and Fire advice, support, monitoring and reporting.
Health and Safety Advisor - Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Occupational Health and Safety management system in line with company’s Health and Safety Strategy and Group’s requirements.
- Responsible for planning, managing and completion of the Health and Safety Inspection.
- Responsible to prepare health and safety reports and statistical information.
- Be able to identify of all health and safety related risks and issues across the business and assist in the design and arrangements necessary for the remedial actions.
- Contribute in reporting or resolving incidents, near misses and accidents through the company Adverse Event and Intelex reporting systems.
- Ensure that site and specific risk assessments of equipment, systems and buildings are in place and suitable.
- Required to plan, implement and monitor the annual fire risk assessments site wide, linking these to best practice approaches.
- Required to manage fire risk assessments, implementing strategies and providing assurances on fire safety compliance
Health and Safety Advisor - Skills Essential to the Role
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in a Health & Safety/Fire role within a heavy Engineering, Manufacturing or Foundry role.
- Ideally have a Membership of the IFE or similar safety body or hold the NEBOSH Fire & Risk Management Qualification
Health and Safety Advisor - Package:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
- Attendance Bonus
- Gym Discount
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Support
- Ironbridge Gorge Museum tickets for employees and their families
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.