30000-35000 Per Annum
9 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Dudley, Birmingham
Salary: Circa £30k - £35k
A local metal fabrication company are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor– Job Role:
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all team members.
- Apply, promote & further develop the company HSE philosophy
- Support (and where appropriate lead) the implementation of HSE based improvement projects.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislative changes and communicate out to all concerned.
- Apply and promote a continuous improvement approach to all Business requirements.
- Own and promote the company HSE management system.
- Work closely with the group and align targets to wider group strategy.
Health and Safety Advisor - Main Tasks:
- Ensure compliance to all Health, Safety & Environmental policies & procedures.
- Identify Health, Safety & Environmental risks within the facility & implement corrective actions.
- Promote risk identification with team members to ensure knowledge & understanding of safety rules.
- Participate in annual risk analysis of all operational equipment & manufacturing processes.
- Support and at times Lead, Health & Safety Committee actions.
- Be the company champion for environmental performance and monitor all environmental aspects.
- Monitor and audit all environmental aspects of the business including waste contractors.
- Provide weekly/monthly and yearly reports to the senior management team focusing on the business strategy and targets.
- Support and lead all investigations, corrective actions, follow up actions and close out.
- Proactively lead and support the business to achieve continuous improvement to HSE performance and strategy.
Health and Safety Advisor – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Aerospace Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications or experience:
- Qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate level or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office, advanced working knowledge.
- Good communicator with proven ability to train others.
- Minimum 5 years on the job experience.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.