30000-35000 Per Annum
about 4 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £30k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering company who manufacture weighing and calibration equipment for the food industry now requires a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor - Role and Responsibilities
Experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join the team and play a critical role in supporting the health and safety within the UK warehouse and mobile engineer team. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in inbound/outbound safety, quality and productivity, as well as ensuring that our field service team are operating to the required standards of H&S. You will work with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that we provide to our customers.
Health and Safety Advisor - What you'll be doing
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
- Coordinating the health and safety function at the warehouse, including working with other teams to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
- Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
- Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced environment.
- Implementation and review of company safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
Health and Safety Advisor - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational health and safety
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally experience of managing the health and safety of field agents and fleet cars
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.