50000-52000 Per Annum
5 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary is Circa £50k
37.5 Monday – Thursday 08:30-17.00 and Friday 08:30-14:30
A local plastics manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - THE ROLE
We are looking for a Health Safety and Environmental Manager (HSE) with an excellent understanding of HSE legislation, industry standards and best practice, strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for one site, ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
As the Health Safety and Environmental Manager (HSE) you will be the main point of contact for developing and implementing the strategy, policy, advice and guidance across the UK.
This is a great opportunity to advance within a successfully growing global international company.
Health and Safety Manager - KEY RESPONSBILITIES
- Promote good health, safety, and environmental policies and culture throughout the UK Compounds Business Unit activities
- Develop and implement a HSE strategy and plans to support the sites annual business plan and long-term strategy
- Review HSE policies, procedures and guidance in line with best practices and current and future HSE legislative requirements, and to make recommendations on their application and implementation
- Ensure HSE management systems are maintained in accordance with relevant standards and Orbia guidelines, policies and procedures and through regular review are continuously developed, improved and implemented through consultation and communication with senior managers and other line managers
- Liaise between management and staff on all matters relating to SHE to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures and to propose, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with HSE legislation and codes of practice.
- Identify training needs and to provide, or where necessary source, programs to help communicate and implement HSE policies, practice and procedures within the site
- Establish and maintain systems for measuring and monitoring HSE performance, providing statistical summaries to the Directors, Managers, HSE Steering Group and Site Safety Groups identifying any significant trends and occurrences and ensuring improvement actions are shared throughout the organisation
- Co-ordinator of the HSE Steering Committee
- Be the organisations representative in its dealings with external outside bodies
- Continue implementation of the 14001 systems to obtain accreditation
Health and Safety Manager - SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. Yu will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH, NCRQ or NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- CMIOSH or working towards
- Extensive experience in HSE
- Excellent understanding of HSE legislation, industry standards and best practice
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to form strong effective relationships
- The ability to constructively challenge safety behaviours, management thinking and current procedures and processes
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and IT skills
Please note, we can only accept candidates who have the Right to Work in the UK