42000-48000 Per Annum
about 1 month ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £42000 - £48000
A local waste recycling company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role:
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for delivering the Company’s agreed strategy with regards to: Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Assurance policies and procedures, along with advising and facilitating the leadership team, in accordance with the Job Purpose defined below.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Purpose:
- To assist in improving the working environment for all employees, contractors and those affected by the business’ activities
- Working with and advising the Executive Management Team in determining the SHEQ strategy
- Rolling out the agreed strategy through the Senior Management Team
- To maintain the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Assurance policies and procedures, ensuring Management are informed and made aware of changes
- Working with all personal to raise Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Assurance standards and awareness, along with supporting a strategy of continuous improvement
- Accreditations: adding to and improving upon existing accreditations, ensuring the business not only retains all existing accreditations, but identify and · achieve other awards to support business growth
- To liaise with all external regulatory bodies, including but not limited to the HSE and EA as and when appropriate.
Health and Safety Manager - Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Executive Management Team, to deliver the implementation of the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental policies and strategies, keeping the Leadership Team abreast of all relevant changes in legislation.
- Through the use of regularly presented reports, agreed KPIs and metrics, keep the Leadership Team appraised of the Company’s performance, including commentary and suggestions for improvement.
- Working closely with and facilitating the Leadership Team at all levels, to influence the culture and attitude in relation to the behaviours of all employees on a day-to-day basis.
- Visiting all sites and locations on a frequent basis, ensure all audits and risk assessments \ SSOWs are carried out and reviewed in a timely manner in line with agreed schedules.
- To lead on all accident investigations, including the submission of appropriate RIDDOR and EA reports, ensuring the proper and correct procedures are followed. Supporting the business to learn from such events.
- To act as the Company’s main reference point in dealings with external regulatory bodies.
- To ensure all H&S related staff inductions are carried out in a timely manner in accordance with the agreed policy.
- Manage the SHEQ Team as appropriate, ensure there is consistency across all sites in the application of the Company’s SHEQ policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Manager – Person requirements:
The ideal candidate will come from a heavy engineering industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Chartered Member of IOSH (cmiosh) or working towards
- Possess a detailed understanding of health & safety and environmental legislation along with its application combined with risk and compliance management
- Be assertive, hands on, proactive, persuasive and pragmatic, as well as being calm under pressure along with demonstrating the ability to communicate with and influence employees at all levels
- As well as possessing experience of presenting to the Board and Executive Management Teams, demonstrate the ability to work independently, being self-motivated and using initiative when the need arises, combined with managing a small team.
- Demonstrate effective use of KPIs to measure performance and drive improvement, utilising the ability to influence in delivering change as and when appropriate
- Demonstrate experience of setting and working towards net zero sustainability targets
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.