Burton upon Trent
36000-41000 Per Annum
almost 3 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Burton upon Trent
Salary: £36k - £41k plus excellent benefits
A large automotive manufacturing company now requires a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Primary Role:
The primary role of the Safety Manager is to advise the Senior Management Team and Managers on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
The Safety Manager is designated responsibility by the Director responsible for health and safety to control and update the Safety Manual and to ensure that all Departments operate to the procedures and instructions contained therein
Health and Safety Manager - Job Responsibilities:
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Director responsible for Health and Safety any relevant new legislation.
- Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.
- Ensure that all assessments as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company's operations.
- Immediately contact the Director responsible for health and safety if situations are found, that in the opinion of the Safety Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- To notify the Director responsible for health and safety if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date.
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Advise Management of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- To arrange Health surveillance as instructed.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- To bring new techniques for improving health, safety and welfare to the attention of the management responsible for health and safety.
Health and Safety Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a NEBOSH General Certificate or Similar in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally experience within the Automotive Industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.