40000-50000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £40k - £50k plus excellent benefits
A large construction company who specialises in interior fit outs are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Role:
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety function within the group.
The candidate will take responsibility for the strategic development of the HSE function, and will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing legacy policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of HSE across the business.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
As the Head of Health and Safety your key day to day duties will include but not be limited to:
To act as you are Health & Safety 'Competent Person'.
- Assist in undertaking a benchmark audit to review current policy and procedures, implementing action plans for resolution.
- Undertake site visits.
- Provide advice on all matters relating to Health & Safety as required under regulation 7 of the management of Health & Safety at work regulation 1999 (MHSER 1999). As the appointed competent person.
- Assist in reviewing and developing safe methods of work and safety procedures to ensure regulation compliance.
- Provide regular updates on Health and Safety information to the management team.
- Undertake site inspections ensuring correct implementation of Health & Safety procedures, generating relevant reports and action plans as necessary.
- Give advice and assistance to all staff as and when required.
To act as CDM Principle Design Advisory.
- To undertake the role of CDM Principle Designer Advisory in accordance with the construction (Design and Management) 2015 regulations.
- Attend initial meetings to discuss projects and pre-construction information.
- Advise and ensure CDM obligations are met.
- Advise on pre-construction information required as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain the Health & Safety file.
- Produce the construction phase plan.
- Complete regular site audits and produce a CDM audit report.
- Maintain regular contact with site managers between visits and updates.
- Attend meetings before project completions to review the Health and Safety file.
Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Construction Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH Level
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- RMaPS Ideally
- Experience of CDM Regs
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.