35000-40000 Per Annum
about 3 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £35k - £40k
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Role:
You will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of health and safety, quality and environment are covered, monitored and adhered to in accordance with current legislation and practice. You will provide support, guidance and advice to help ensure the delivery of company internal and external audit programmes.
- Take full accountability for delivery of an effective and proactive HSEQ function as the onsite expert for the business.
- Work proactively and pragmatically with colleagues to ensure HSEQ requirements are understood, advice is offered and legislation is adhered to.
- Review procedures and working practices to ensure that they reflect best practice and current legislation.
- Lead in the delivery of HSEQ Action Plans.
- Advise others completing site-based risk assessment and any othernecessary actions to ensure HSEQ compliance.
- Carry out daily and routine monitoring of all practices and site operations, including fire alarms and first aiders.
- The management and monitoring of all contractors and visitors on site for Health and Safety compliance and permit controls.
- Ensure the correct PPE equipment is issued to staff and complies and is used in accordance with regulations.
- Oversee all training that is carried out on site and maintain training matrix.
- Carry out inductions for new starters.
- Attend and lead the Safety meetings.
- Carry out internal quality audits and train and lead other internal auditors.
- Manage, maintain, organise and lead external audits.
- Create, deliver and follow up on Tool Box Talks.
- Carry out accident investigations from cause to improvement and where appropriate be the lead on RIDDOR reporting.
Health and Safety Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from a Manufacturing background as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in occupational health and safety or working towards.
- Working towards CMIOSH Status.
- Experience of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Ideally with an auditing qualification.
- Ideally experience within both manufacturing and construction.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.