30000-35000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Salary: Circa £30k - 35k Plus excellent Benefits
A large logistics company are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Role:
We have a vacancy for a Health and Safety Manager of one of our clients in Birmingham.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the Health and Safety policy along with facilities support across the group.
Along with this you will also support in several various tasks/projects related to the Logistics side of the operation.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Purpose
Working closely with the Senior Management team, heading and supporting various Health and Safety topics also involvement with facilities across the various sites.
Project work outside of the above may also be required.
Travelling will become part of the role, once established.
The Individual needs to have a good knowledge of Health and Safety and be able to take a practical view when implementing change to ensure the main operation is not impacted but is operating safely.
Health and Safety Manager - Key Accountabilities
- Health and Safety administration, including risk assessments, safe work, accident/incident reporting
- Training records are kept up to date
- Service agreements in place across the Group
- Involvement in project work, not necessarily related to H&S.
- Some facility support would be required
Health and Safety Manager - Person Specification
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Logistics Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEOBSH General Certificate or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH
- Experience of working within a team performing multiple tasks
- Ideally experience of a Logistics operation of 50+ employees
- Ideally have experience in Facilities Management
- Experience of training staff
- Experience of dealing with Insurers and sensitive insurance/claim related issues
- Being involved in setting up service agreements across multiple sites, whilst obtaining best service prices
- Ability to chair meetings with service suppliers and compile and deliver proposals
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.