40000-55000 Per Annum
9 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Based in the West Midlands
Salary: £40k - £50k Depending upon skills and experience
A large, dynamic and progressive manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team covering 4 manufacturing sites across the West Midlands.
Health and Safety Manager - Main Duties:
- Review, implement and update the companies HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Drive forward a positive and engaging HSE culture.
- Build relationships at all levels of the business and coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the company.
- Support the management team in developing the annual HSE Plan and ensuring that objectives and targets are monitored monthly.
- Deliver technical HSE training, informing all levels or the organisation of their HSE roles and responsibilities, and developing the competency of the organisation to deliver.
- Support and coach all levels of the organisation in delivering the HSE objectives and targets.
- Monitor and report HSE key performance indicators.
- Act as the Management Representative for the HSE management systems providing the site leadership team with overview of the health of the system and key actions needed for improvement and compliance.
- Manage the internal and external audit schedule for the sites management systems, involving competent members or the organisation in the process.
- Lead the completion and maintenance of technical risk assessment such as PUWER and COSHH.
- Act as the point of contact for HSE communications with external organisations such as regulators and insurers.
Health and Safety Manager – Personal Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Be CMIOSH or Working towards
- Have a strong strategic approach to HSE
- Experience of changing, creating and driving forward strong, positive HSE Cultures
Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
Hands on and able to support development of the strategy
Driven in their approach
Strong Leadership and Management skills
Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.