35000-43000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: up to £40k plus excellent benefits
A local plastic and rubber manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role
This is a brand-new position for the company and would be an ideal position for someone who likes a challenge. This is a blank canvass ready for you to make your mark within the company.
- Set up the companies HSE Strategy at group level
- Implement, review and update the companies Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are being adhered to in the UK factory and Polish factory
- Continually strive for a better health and safety culture
- Ensure the correct PPE is always being worn across the site in Liverpool and Poland
- Undertake accident and investigations
- Provide Health and Safety training and inductions
- Undertake Drug & Alcohol testing
- This position will involve international travel with 25% of the time spent in Poland.
The company is part of a global business with a real chance of this position moving into a global role within the near future.
Health and Safety Manager – Person Requirements
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally have experience in Plastics, Polymers or Rubber Industry
- Have a hands on and proactive approach to health and safety
- Have a real passion for health and safety, be engaging and willing to lead by example.
- Experience with Drug and Alcohol testing ideally
- Willing to travel and work 25% of your time in the Polish factory
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.