40000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role:
As a key role within the Operational Team, your advice and support to Managers, supervisors, and colleagues will be instrumental to the improvement of the service the Compliance and Facilities Department provides to all employees in the business.
By ensuring that sound health, safety and environmental practices are identified, documented and fully aligned to the key business drivers whilst ensuring these are understood and complied with throughout the organisation, you will support and enable the business to exceed its statutory and contractual obligations in managing all HSE aspects across a diverse risk landscape.
Health and Safety Manager - THE JOB:
- Ensure the Company's HSE Policies and Procedures are implemented consistently across the business.
- Review, monitor and update the ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 management systems ensuring they are fully compliant against the applicable standards.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the HSE Strategy and Action Plan for the Company and contribute to the development and delivery of the Company's Business Plan.
- Carry out management system audits and inspections and manage a programme of corrective/preventative actions for continuous improvement to ensure the highest standards in technical competence and safe working practices are met.
- Manage and maintain company records and registers (Cloud, internal electronic and paper based) in order to demonstrate due diligence and auditable evidence.
- Deliver oversight and assurance to managers of their risks; recommend and implement solutions to improve the level of compliance and regulatory risk control and ensure any breaches are addressed.
- Liaise with external accreditation bodies and coordinate and manage the external audit processes for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
- Manage the implementation, design and development of risk management processes including Risk Assessment, COSHH Assessment, Fire Risk Assessment, CDM Compliance Audits.
- Providing internal training and coaching to operational teams in specific subject matters, such as -Incident Investigation, Risk Assessment, COSHH, Fire Wardens.
- Undertake all HSE Inductions for new employees including the Road Risk Policy and Presentations to all new company car drivers.
- Lead and facilitate the Company's Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Work closely and proactively with site managers, management team and other stakeholders to promote ongoing awareness and adoption of safe systems of work, a safety mindset and high quality and environmental standards, including providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support as needed.
- To advise the Management Team and Board on the implications of current and emerging HSE legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the Group.
- Highlight to the Senior Management Team any weaknesses concerning the provision of HSE measures and statutory compliance.
- Monitor HSE performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Support and, where necessary, lead investigations into accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses. Utilise root cause analysis and provide advice to operational teams on effective preventative measure to reduce risk.
- Support HR in the management of all employer liability claims in a timely and efficient manner, liaising with the Company Insurers, Claims Administrators and Solicitors as required
- Monitor, guide, develop and support the team of Safety Representatives, First Aiders, Fire Wardens, and Environmental Champions
Health and Safety Manager - THE PERSON:
The ideal person will come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH, NCRQ OR NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally hold an Environmental Management qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH (Not Essential)
- Ideally an internal auditor of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 or ISO 5001
- Ideally come from a heavy engineering or manufacturing industry
- Worked within a unionized environment
- Have a hands on and pro-active approach to health and safety
- Experience of reporting to senior team members and the board.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.