55000-60000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £55k - ££60k Fully expensed Hybrid Car plus personal fuel
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading Install and fit-out construction company as their Health and Safety Manager.
Health and Safety Manager – Overview
- Promote and implement consistent good health, safety and environmental practices throughout all BIL activities.
- Monitor, Evaluate and Review the companies Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statements on an annual basis.
- Ensure that all employees are properly informed about the working, environmental and safety policies of the Company.
- To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct risk assessment and risk mitigation measures on-site and before commencement of projects.
- Regular inspection of projects on site
- Maintain accident statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary
- Develop proposals for corrective or preventive measures and investigate or arrange for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action and supporting insurance related processes. Where necessary prepare reports to the enforcing authority as required by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
- Assist and support the Contracts Department and approved sub-contractors in the preparation of risk assessments. Monitor the availability and appropriateness of risk assessments and, where necessary, safe working practices.
- Maintain a register of First Aiders and ensure the adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities. Ensure all First Aiders are appropriately trained, and (subject to qualification) provide training to members of staff to enable them to become First Aiders.
- Liaise as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and provide assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Develop procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other irregular visitors to the Companies construction sites comply with relevant legislation and BIL safety policies.
- Meet and co-operate with visiting health, safety and environmental officers as required.
- Manage and maintain the Companies COSHH database, ensuring COSHH statements are available on all hazardous materials and that effective Risk Assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances, all assessments to be reviewed annually.
- To undertake Company project site safety inspections in conjunction with representatives of the Contracts Department.
Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Construction Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ, BSc or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- CMIOSH or working towards
- Experience of install or fit-out construction projects
- Experience of working with senior managers.
- Experience of successfully managing and motivating a team.
- Knowledge of CDM, fire and asbestos regulations.
- Experience with CITB, CSCS, Considerate Constructor, Safe Contractor schemes
- Experience of writing, reviewing and implementing on site procedures.
- Experience of communicating effectively verbally and in writing to senior managers and writing reports.
- Experiencing of developing and maintaining Management Standards equivalent and accredited to ISO 14001, ISO 9001 & OSHAS 18001.
- Hold a full UK Driving license
- Experience of working on multiple sites across the UK
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.