38000-430000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £38k - £43k plus company car.
A local recycling company are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Director responsible for Health and Safety, you will be responsible for:
overseeing the company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance policies,
advising the Executive Management Team on appropriate changes in legislation and the Company’s performance
Health and Safety Manager - Job Purpose:
- To advise the Board and Executive Management Team on, as well as implementing the agreed Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance strategies and objectives.
- To ensure the company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance policies are at all times followed and maintained.
- To raise Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance standards and awareness.
- To liaise with all external statutory bodies, including but not limited to the HSE and EA, as and when appropriate.
Health and Safety Manager - Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Board and Executive Management Team, to oversee the implementation of the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and strategies.
- To advise the Board, Executive Management Team and Senior Managers of all relevant changes in legislation.
- To present performance reports on a regular basis.
- Working closely with Managers at all levels, to influence the culture and attitude in relation to the behaviours of all employees on a day-to-day basis.
- Visiting all sites and locations on a frequent basis, ensure all audits and risk assessments \ SSOWs are carried out and reviewed in a timely manner in line with agreed schedules.
- To lead on all accident investigations, including the submission of appropriate RIDDOR reports, ensuring the proper and correct procedures are followed.
- Undertake and record all requisite occupational health and safety surveys.
- To act as the Company’s main reference point in dealings with external statutory bodies.
- To ensure all H&S related staff inductions are carried out in a timely manner in accordance with the agreed policy.
- To ensure there is consistency across all sites in the application of the Company’s SHEQ policies.
Health and Safety Manager - Person Specification:
The ideal candidate will come from the Engineering Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ L5 in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally CMIOSH or Working towards
- Have proven experience in a process driven and logistics environment, preferably, but not essential, within the Waste Recycling industry
- Possess a detailed understanding of health & safety and environmental legislation along with its application combined with risk and compliance management.
- Possess other relevant qualifications along with appropriate IT \ technology skills.
- Be assertive, hands on, proactive, persuasive and pragmatic, as well as being calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with and influence employees at all levels.
- Possess experience of presenting to the Board and Executive Management Teams
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, being self-motivated and using initiative when the need arises.
- Demonstrate effective use of KPIs to measure performance and drive improvement, utilising the ability to influence in delivering change as and when appropriate.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.