50000-53000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Health and Safety Manager
Location: LEEK, Staffordshire
Salary: Circa £50k plus excellent benefits
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager
to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in developing and promoting the company’s position on a wide range of health and safety (H&S) issues and delivering projects aimed at improving Health and safety within their industry. This involves working alongside colleagues within the organisation, including directors, managers, and their highly trained staff.
Health and Safety Manager - Core responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering H&S strategies to support directors, managers and our workforce
- Monitoring legislative and policy changes and their impact on the organisation's members and the industry as a whole
- Presenting guidance and providing advice and assistance to the organisation
- Managing the Company Health and Safety committees and specific task related committees
- Accountability for sustaining our Company risk management strategy, including risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- To co-ordinate all aspects of health and staff training, site health and safety inspections, safety audits, permits to work and incident investigations.
Health and Safety Manager - The ideal candidate will have:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ Diploma in Health and Safety
- Be CMIOSH or working towards
- Have strong HSE Strategic background
- Ideally have some experienced of managing confined space entry projects (Not essential)
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.