40000-45000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k
A large heavy manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Manager
to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Responsibility
- Review and maintain the companies health and safety policies and procedures
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and strive for zero accidents
- Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all Health and Safety legislation.
- Keep abreast of all updates in law into the Health and Safety policy.
- Assisting with the creation and management of Health and Safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace.
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s Health and Safety, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol.
- Carry out and maintain all risk assessments for each site as required by the business.
- Carry out compliance audits and inspections which include but are not limited to; machinery PUWER assessments, display screen equipment, manual handling, lone working, fork lift loading, workers, young workers etc
- Investigate all accidents and near-miss incidents and record the findings.
- Work towards reducing the number of Health and Safety incidents.
- Provide training and support to all members of the various site teams to work towards a risk-free environment.
- Managing and maintaining emergency procedures such as fire marshals and first aiders.
Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the heavy manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager . You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Have a strong background in either heavy manufacturing or construction industry
- Have a pro-active and hands on approach
- Promote a positive H&S Culture and always strive for Zero Accidents
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.