40000-50000 Per Annum
25 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Redditch / Homebased
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k pus company car
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager
to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Overview
- This position provides operational health, safety and environmental support to a number of branches nationwide to enable functional alignment across all business units in line with the Corporate Health and Safety Management System and Strategy with the ultimate aim of minimising risk, whilst optimising business performance through the desire for continuous improvement.
- Having accountability for supporting the delivery of Health, Safety and any Environmental responsibilities as well as business risk, the identification, communication, escalation and provision of advice and guidance on all aspects of operational health and safety and the environment affecting people, product, property and as well as any regulatory requirements.
- The role is a key conduit in the company’s governance arrangements and is central to ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Insurance premium management via risk programme
- Drive H&S and associated operational change over the business
- Provide continuous improvement in all areas of Risk Management through benchmarking and best practice
- Monitor all non-conformities (internal and external)
- Management of outsourced H&S provision
Health and Safety Manager – Responsibility
- To continually deliver business support across the business in line with the internal stakeholders, objectives and Policy and Values, to capitalise on opportunity, implement risk controls, minimise liability exposure and contain cost.
- Manage the health and safety across 10 sites nationally
- Analyse, consolidate, interpret, produce management reports and communicate key monthly and quarterly performance metrics to business and Head of Operations, establish local plans in partnership with the business which will enable effective risk mitigation and continual improvement activity via timely intervention and effective performance management and measurement.
- Develop and maintain centralised management system tools, processes and measures with relevant standards and procedures to which the Company is associated or certified with e.g. ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- To effect successful local or regional implementation of new or changed requirements, by responding to compliance with policy, standards, laws and regulations, through continual monitoring and evaluation of changes to legal, regulatory and industry best practice.
- Provide tools and, where appropriate develop and deliver training material / courses to enable effective implementation of policy, standards and process to ensure compliance with both internal and external requirements.
- Facilitate and / or conduct risk assessments and control testing to determine the effectiveness of internal controls and subsequently actively educates client groups to remove non-conformities, informing tactical decision.
Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ 6 in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Ideally member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Experience of working a national, multi-site position
- Experience of managing and maintaining ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Hold a UK Driving License
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.