35000-40000 Per Annum
about 2 months ago
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Location: Dartford, Kent
Salary: £35k - £40k Plus excellent benefits
A local manufacturing company who provide products into the Automotive Industry now requires a Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor to join their team.
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor - The Role
Provide support as part of the Safety, Health and Environmental team to all company activities, ensuring the safety & health of employees and the environment, in compliance with regulations, company policies and guidelines.
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor - Key Areas of Responsibility
• Monitoring and developing Health & Safety and environment policy and procedures
• Ensure compliance with ISO14001:2015 by managing the activities of our environmental management system within the plant and implementing all necessary requirements.
• Full management of environmental processes
• Mitigation of risks across all areas in the business
• Coaching and supporting personnel at all levels to improve the Health and Safety culture
• Monitoring Health and Safety performance, inspections and audits
• Good knowledge of fire risk assessment, DSEAR (dangerous substance explosive atmosphere regulations) assessment.
If you are an experienced Health & Safety Advisor, this is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting, new challenge with a progressive business.
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor - What you will need to succeed
• A degree in environmental sciences, environment and business or another relevant topic – preferably in the chemical industry
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience within a professional consultancy environment or as part of an in-house environment/sustainability team
• NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
• Grad IOSH and working towards Chartered membership.
• Good knowledge of relevant UK and European safety legislation
• Background and experience in developing and auditing environmental systems
• Excellent knowledge of ISO14001
• Ability to present accurate & legible reports & procedures
• Highly competent with MS Office
• European languages desirable
• Excellent communication, relationship building and inter-personal skills
• Aptitude to liaise with people at all levels both internally and externally
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve with the capability to work under pressure