60000-65000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Circa £60k plus car allowance, pension and private medical insurance
A large multi-national manufacturing company are now looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Co-ordinating Health and Safety activities across 9 UK based sites
- Working with the EMEA Program Coordinator for Crisis Management and Health & Safety to deploy the global Health & Safety policy and the development of strategies to reduce risk leading to reduced lost time injuries
- Drive the improvement of H&S Key performance indicators across UK sites
- Support the integration process of acquired businesses to ensure standardised approach to Health and Safety from the outset
- Promotion of Health & Safety activities to increase awareness and understanding throughout the business
- Liaising with specialist bodies such as the HSE, insurance companies, insurance claims assessors and occupational health personnel to ensure best practices are in operation
- To act as the point of escalation for UK sites for Health and Safety related matters
- Coordination and supporting sites with effective loss prevention strategies
- Keeping up to date with Health & Safety legislation and cascading throughout the business
- Ensuring that all elements of statutory compliance across UK sites are being achieved
- Liaison with external bodies including the Environment Agency and Water Authorities
- Ensure enough and effective controls are maintained and documented to ensure legal compliance
- Coordinate and support the EMEA driven sustainability assessments for UK Sites
- Support UK sites to continually improve the environmental management system accredited to ISO14001:2015
- Collation and on time submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports required for corporate Global environmental reporting
- Driving the identification and completion of energy saving projects to meet sustainability objectives
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Be Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or working towards
- Lead Auditor in ISO 14001
- Experience of managing multiple sites across the UK
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.