40000-50000 Per Annum
10 months ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: Circa £40k - £50k
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for an Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager – Overview
Responsible for providing visible leadership in driving standards of safety, health and environmental risk control throughout the business.
To co-ordinate, support and advise the business in all aspects with regards to Health Safety & Environmental matters. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the business are adhered to.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager – Responsibility
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your actions or lack of action at work.
- Cooperate with the business and co-workers to help everyone meet their Health and safety obligations.
- Ensuring company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policies are strictly adhered to
- Bring the business attention any safety concerns or potential shortfalls in our HSEQ provisions
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses at the time they occur
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Provide regular reports to the Leadership Team on relevant health and safety activities
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors, auditors etc
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.