40000-42000 Per Annum
6 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Health, Safety and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £40k
A local rubber and plastics manufacturing company are now looking for a Health, Safety and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety and Safety Manager – Overview
To ensure safety in the workplace and that employees follow environmental, health and safety laws and guidelines.
Using your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. Also ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risks and adherence to the law.
Health, Safety and Safety Manager – Job Role and responsibilities:
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Provide training to relevant employees on undertaking risk assessments.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and support managers where corrective actions are required.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation at the Nottingham site.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for management.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of allHealth and Safety Executive (HSE)legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Produce H&S Management Reports.
- Undertake and maintain all COSHH assessments on site.
- Ensure equipment is installed safely in conjunction with contractors with all H&S legislation.
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. chemical waste.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Review and update Fire Risk Assessments across the site
- Lead energy improvement initiatives
- Act as Internal Auditor for the site’s Management Systems
- Ensure that the IPPC permit requirements are met
- Initiate improvements to the Environmental Management System / ISO14001 accreditation.
Health, Safety and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally have an Environmental Management qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental
- Have experience of ISO 14001
- Ideally have experience of IPPC Permits (Not essential)
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.