45000-55000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
Salary: Circa £45k - £50k
A local electronics manufacturing company now require a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager – Responsibility
- Company lead for ensuring COVID19 Secure Status is reached and maintained. Likewise, for any pandemic situation.
- Develops and executes environmental, health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines and best practice.
- Prepares and enforces policies, procedures and working instructions to establish a culture of environment, health and safety.
- Conducts risk reviews, compliance audits and internal assessments.
- Defines and develops EHS program across the company to ensure continual improvement beyond compliance.
- Prepares and presents the EHS management systems for certification (ISO14001,
- ISO50001, ISO45001, etc.)
- Conducts training and presentations for environment, health and safety matters and
- incident/accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root causes, create actions to reduce risk and prevent re-occurrence. Provide support for any legal actions taken against the company.
- Evaluates EHS implications of new products, processes and machinery, including formal authorization for use and certification (i.e. CE conformity).
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Prepare and run exercise, fire drills, crisis management simulation, evacuation exercises.
- Manage regulatory agencies, 2nd and 3rd party audits, inspections, inquiries, contact and reporting.
- Engage with contractors to ensure EHS rules are applied and respected.
- Define and provide PPE according to risk evaluation to all exposed individuals, including Collect, analyse and report EHS metrics according to regulatory requirements and to corporate expectations for the purpose of sustainability reporting. Uses metrics to plan targeted campaigns to improve EHS record on site.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics, to the local management and to the regional representative of the Corporate Sustainability team.
- Prepares the Business Continuity Plan, making recommendations to move towards
- gaining ISO22301:2019
- Monitors compliance requirements and prepares appropriate reports for REACH and
- RoHS legislation
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations in relation to Conflict Minerals, including future additions.
- Company leadership in corporate sustainability & compliance requirements (e.g. Modern Slavery, etc).
- Provide guidance to site on Health and Safety matters as required to ensure site remains legally compliant, including COVID19.
- Develop site KPIs, and support with reporting procedures.
- Support site with implementing an improved streamlined approach to accident and near miss reporting.
- Develop new EHS employee and contractor inductions, including awareness training.
- Support site with organisation of risk assessments, and recommendations of appropriate training for site champions.
- Carry out fire drills on site and record findings, ensure fire risk assessment is up to date and identify training for fire wardens.
- Chair monthly EHS meetings and provide minutes.
- Provide support to site with EHS communication.
- Implement appropriate internal EHS monthly inspection programme, and support site as required.
- Support Environmental Manager with decisions related to environmental issues, including with decisions relating to waste management.
- Assist in setting up of permitting system on site.
- Provide emergency support to site if required.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ L5 in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent)
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards
- Hold an environmental Management Qualification such as IEMA, NEBOSH or CEIH
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.