30000-35000 Per Annum
over 3 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £30k - £35k
A local engineering company who manufacture metal components for the Automotive Industry are now looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - The Role
The role's primary purpose is to ensure that our facilities are operated safely, that a culture of safe working is promoted across the business, and that their environmental impact is minimised. they would also expect the role holder to retain primary responsibility for communicating with regulators, such as the EA and HSE, and third-party auditors of our health & safety and environmental management systems, together with ensuring compliance with our site operating permits.
Specific duties include, without limitation, to:
Health & Safety
- Promote safe working practices, working with seven IOSH-trained operational department managers and shift supervisors
- Host and maintain external HS/E/Q audits from regulatory bodies, insurers, customers & other interested parties
- Review certifications and recommend HS&E Training appropriate to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure training records are updated with HR
- COSHH Management, including COSHH and risk assessments for the site
- Ensure all certifications/inspection/servicing requirements are maintained in accordance with current legislation, including Fire certification and compliance
- Carry out assessment and regular reviews of site working practices
- Ensure all accidents and near miss investigations are carried out.
- Support managers to ensure all onsite contractor processes are in accordance with requirements.
- Provide visual KPI's throughout the site to encourage positive trends in safe and environmentally sensitive working practices
- Managing communication with, and reporting to, third parties, such as the Environment Agency.
- Ensuring compliance with site permit conditions, and all applicable environmental legislation
- Maintenance of Waste Transfer Notes and relevant regulatory notifications for exports of controlled wastes
- Managing information required for quarterly submissions to the National Packaging Waste Database to support the claiming of Packaging Recovery Notes (PRNs)
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - The Candidate
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Hold an environmental management qualification such as IEMA
- Experience with ISO 14001
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.