35000-40000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £35k - £38k
A local manufacturing company who specialising in producing pumps for a number of industries. The company are now looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team.
The company are looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager on site, to support the organisation, its managers and employees in the day to day operational management of Health & Safety.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Job Role:
This person will be responsible for ensuring best practice and compliance with the most current safety, health and environment legislation and guidance.
This person will be the link from the factory to Group EHS and ensure that all relevant policies and procedures are implemented locally.
This role will drive and support the environmental programme, in line with Group initiatives and key activities that are beneficial locally.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Scope of the role
The role will be responsible for:
- Budgetary activity related to H&S, and Environment
- Monitoring and reporting the required KPls
- Internal - liaise with all departments; collaborating with managers and employees alike. Be the key contact for CBW on all H&S and Environmental matters, including audits and networking groups.
- External - liaise with H&S authorities, Suppliers, other organisations (internal and external to the Grundfos Group of companies) and contractors on site.
- Based at the CBW, Sunderland site — travel may be required both within and external to the UK for short periods of time.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Key Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, advice and support to ensure compliance with all health, safety and environment legislation, best practice and company policies
- Ensure that environmental improvement programmes are developed and implemented
- Provide information on performance against the business' EHS KPls
- Actively create and promote a 'safe behaviors' culture
- Lead and facilitate the S.W.A.T. (Health and Safety Committee), the Environmental Team, and the Health & Wellbeing Team
- Ensure that accident investigation and reporting is carried out in line with Group procedures and legal requirements
- Identify training that fulfils both the company's legal and statutory obligations and which will help the business achieve its EHS KPls and objectives
- Work with Maintenance, Purchasing and the relevant departments to ensure that all contractor and sub-contractor regulations and approvals are adhered to
- Seek out opportunities to encourage and bring about continuous improvement
- Be the lead in ensuring that continuously educates and re-educates its employees about matters relating to EHS e.g. Campaigns, monthly safety briefings, Safety Week
- Carries out or contributes to audits, Safe Behaviors Observations, workplace assessments, risk assessments, inspections of working arrangements including premises, plant and equipment etc. as required
- Develop and review policies and procedures, safe systems of work relating to all aspects of EHS
- Assist with the development and Maintenance of the EHS management systems and ensure OSHSAS 18001 and 14001 is maintained
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Environmental Management Qualification such as IEMA or equivalent
- Experience of promoting positive Health and Safety cultures
- Have a pro-active and hands on approach to health and safety
- Experience with ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH status
- Ideally member of IEMA but not essential