30000-35000 Per Annum
almost 3 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Location: Holmes Chapel
Salary: £30k - £35k depending upon experience
A large national manufacturing company who manufacture concrete products are now looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join their team.
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer -Overview:
The company has a very large HSE Team reporting directly to the Group HSE Manager, each HSE Team member looks after their own site independently reporting into the Ops Director on site on a daily basis.
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer - DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the compilation and implementation of H&S procedures, policies and other documentation.
- To ensure the effective maintenance and improvement of the Integrated Management system in relation to the OHSAS18001 standard.
- Conduct general risk assessments throughout production site/s
- Ability to negotiate with statutory authorities.
- Conduct workplace audits and report findings of non-compliance to production managers and SHE Manager, making recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Coordinate and accompany contractor/end user/client auditors on operational visits (Action any corrective Points)
- To visit sites when necessary to advise on safe off loading/handling of products.
- To visit sites to ensure that subcontractors are adhering to all H&S requirements
- Promote a positive H&S culture whilst recommending new initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with the SHE Manager and SHE colleagues to help maintain the internal health and safety standards within the operational portfolio
- Undertake Visible Felt Leadership visits with Site Management team Coordinate the availability of persons and facilities to ensure managers, supervisors and employees attend and complete identified Plant/H&S training in order to improve company performance as necessary.
- To identify improvement activities and training needs and give feedback of findings to departmental managers and SHE Manager.
- To advise Production managers / Supervisors on compliance.
- Monitoring staff to ensure compliance.
- Assist the company Appointed Persons in reviewing and implementing all the necessary RAMS documentation in line with their third party contract requirements
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objectives
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally hold an Environmental Qualification such as IEAM or NEBOSH Environmental Management
- Ideally experience with ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Management Systems (Not essential)
- Able to work you your own with a pro-active and hands on approach
- Ideally come from the concrete type manufacturing background with such companies as Ibstock, Marley, Marshalls, Hanson or Weinerberger (Not essential)
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.