Health, Safety & Facilities Manager
30000-35000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health, Safety & Facilities Manager
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Salary: £30k - £35k
A local manufacturing company are now looking for a Health, Safety & Facilities Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety & Facilities Manager - Main purpose of job
We are looking for a Health & Safety and Facilities Manager to be responsible for the H&S agenda across the business; delivering the H&S training programme, including PPE and ensuring legislation compliance appropriate for the business need.
You should have significant experience of both H&S and Facilities, prior experience of managing third party contractors and project management are preferable.
Responsible for ensuring that safety legislation is implemented and applied to Company policies and practices. To plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the Company are required, or choose to follow, and work to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
Health, Safety & Facilities Manager - Main duties Health & Safety
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the Company;
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to ensure the Company is compliant with mandatory regulations;
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy in line with regulations;
- Work with Quality Manager to work towards an integrated QHSE plan and work towards ISO 4500 accreditation;
- Plan practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices;
- Negotiate with managers, supervisors and staff to try to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations;
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, eg fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases & outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of relevant hazards;
- Organise and attend safety committee meetings;
- Keep records of incidents and accidents and produce statistics;
- Carry out accident investigations on site and produce subsequent reports and recommendations;
- Carry out the induction of new employees with regard to health and safety;
- Ergonomic assessments on employee workstations;
- Carry out manual handing assessments, risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
- Coordinate all Company first aiders and ensure relevant qualifications are up to date;
- Investigate all occurrences under RIDDOR;
- Monitor requirements and use of PPE;
- Assess and implement an effective and appropriate PPE policy and practice.
Health, Safety & Facilities Manager - Site Facilities
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the fire alarm system, fire extinguishers and other safety systems;.
- Responsible for planning and running emergency evacuations/fire drills;
- Work with all departments to ensure the effective and efficient management and disposal of waste;
- Arrange and monitor regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices;
Health, Safety & Facilities Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety & Facilities Manager You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally have some facilities management experience ideally have BIFM Level 2 or 3, or working towards qualification
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.