Health, Safety & Fire Manager
48000-55000 Per Annum
over 3 years ago
Health, Safety & Fire Manager
Location: Homebased - Covering the midlands
Salary: ££48k plus company car allowance and 25 days holiday
A large, prestigious company are now looking for a Health, Safety & Fire Manager to join their team. This is a homebased position covering the Midlands area.
Health, Safety & Fire Manager - Job Purpose
- To facilitate implementation of Unipart's Health, Safety and Fire policies across multiple sites
- To provide technical health, safety and fire support to individual sites, business units and projects.
- To promote the principle that effective management of health and safety is an integral part of efficient business and operational management.
- To liaise with the project teams and insurers on fire risk and mitigation.
Health, Safety & Fire Manager - Accountabilities
- Operational Processes, Procedures and Project Delivery
- Advise management on Health and Safety Legislation, safe methods of working, prevention of hazards to health and suitability of plant, protective equipment and control measures.
- Initiate timely and appropriate actions in emergency situations, contact and communicate effectively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and promote effective utilisation of the Accident Recording and Investigation Process.
- Investigate RIDDORs and produce the F2508 report.
- Produce fire risk assessments and conduct fire audits
- Produce technical risk assessments i.e. PUWER/LOLER/COSHH as required.
- Provide suitable technical advice at the design stage of changes to layout, systems of work and introduction of new materials/machines.
- Participate in and advise Business Unit Safety Committees and Forums.
- Advise on appropriate training requirements and assist in such training where appropriate.
- Monitoring and Measuring
- Regularly review and provide comment on accident trends for Business Units and Sites
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Company Safety Policy by carrying out inspections in association with site management and providing written reports of such inspections
- Complete internal Health, Safety and Fire Audits.
Health, Safety & Fire Manager - Competencies, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will come from a Multi-Site Engineering position as a Health, Safety & Fire Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Hold a NEBOSH Fire & Risk Management Certificate or Equivalent
- Hold a full UK Driving License
- Willing to travel across the midlands
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.