35000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
23 days ago
Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager
Salary: 35-50K + company vehicle
A recycling company are now looking for a hands on Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager
to join their team.
Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager – Overview
The role would suit a plant engineer with supervisory experience who is looking to take the first step into management within the Recycling sector. Ideally, we are looking for a multi-skilled electro-mechanical engineer who also has experience of working with diesel engines, powertrain, and hydraulics.
Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager – Responsibility
- Fix and maintain a wide variety of both mobile plant (material handlers, wheeled loading shovels, 360 excavators, telehandlers, and forklift trucks – including JCB, Case, and Terex), and fixed plant (including conveyors, screens, and balers).
- A vital part of the role is to be proactive not reactive. This will entail ensuring PPMs are completed on time, breakdowns are dealt with in a timely and cost-effective manner. No afraid to get hands dirty assisting, supporting, and overseeing Plant Maintenance Technicians on sites.
Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Heavy plant industry as a Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Recognised Mechanical / Production / General Engineering apprenticeship, or hold an appropriate qualification (City and Guilds, NVQ, ONC, HNC, HND or Degree).
- Awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace (IOSH Managing Safely is desirable).
- Supervisory experience, with excellent planning and organisation skills is key
- A good communicator with the ability to record and report issues identified during visits and provide constructive feedback to the management team.
- A problem solver – to have the ability to analyse the situation, identify the problems, and provide a solution.
- Extensive mechanical knowledge & experience, likely to have been gained maintaining fixed plant (e.g. waste management processing facilities or quarries), preferably with experience of electrical maintenance also.
- Experience maintaining diesel engines, transmission & gearboxes, axles & brakes is desirable.
- Welding & fabrication experience is desirable.
- Hydraulic systems maintenance experience is desirable.
For more information, please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.