65000-70000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Salary: Circa £65k - £70k
A large forging & manufacturing company are now looking for an HSE Manager to join their team.
HSE Manager – Overview
Reporting to the HSE Director, The HSE Manager will implement the Health and Safety strategy and lead the deployment of all health and safety programs. The post holder will, in working with Operations be responsible for the development and implementation of SHE policies, procedures and best practice to drive continuous improvement.
- To advise and collaborate with Senior Managers on the strategy and continual improvement of OHSE performance
- Ensure that Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management Systems support the delivery of Regulatory compliance
- Manage and support the development, implementation and maintenance of Manufacturing Standards and the series of Governance Cross Audits to ensure the Company’s legal and social responsibilities are being met.
- Advise for compliance related subjects and improvements
- Review the agreed OHSE KPIs and identify issues, delays and successes in achieving objectives and targets
- Prepare monthly reports for Senior Managers and when requested deliver the presentations
- Undertake site compliance audits and incident Risk Control Analysis sessions
- Be able to effectively communicate at all levels at delivering improvements, opportunities for improvement and instigating corrective action plans
- Have Manufacturing operational experience
- Be fully conversant with ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and other key International Standards that aim to deliver OHSE excellence
- Be aware of emerging Best Practices related to OHSE
- Work closely with the leadership team to continually develop and implement a comprehensive EHS vision and strategy for integration into the business
- Represent the company in communications and liaison with the regulator and ensure effective completion of all regulatory submissions
- Provide leadership and support to the business unit managers in developing and implementing actions plans and goals for EHS improvement and compliance
- Manage a culture of employee engagement in safety processes and continuous improvement through regular contact with shop floor staff
- Conduct effective training for all employees in regulatory and company mandated environmental health and safety requirements
Health and Safety HSE Manager- Education and Experience
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a HSE Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- CMIOSH or Working towards
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ, Degree in HSE or NVQ LEVEL 5+ in Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong HSE Management experience
- Experience of implementing and auditing ISO 45001 & ISO 14001
- Experience working in a higher hazard industry and with some process safety experience
HSE Manager - Competencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EHS regulatory requirements
- Understanding of cultural change and process safety
- High level of self-motivation to perform and succeed
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office applications and internet applications.
- Excellent people management skills
- Performs all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Conduct and SOX guidelines
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.