0161 976 3540
over 3 years ago
Are you looking for a new role in a friendly, well established company?
The company manufacture and install bespoke steel fabrications, electrical control systems, hydraulic & pneumatic systems in a range of sectors. These include Agricultural, Sawmill, Incising, Timber Treatment, Pressure Vessels, Pipework & Storage Tanks, Renewable Energy, Nuclear, Material Handling and General Engineering.
Theyare based just outside of Wigton and we currently have a requirement for a Skilled Industrial Electrician, to join and further strengthen their busy team. The role is offered on a permanent basis and offers a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
* Time served apprenticeship or equivalent.
* 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regs.
* Full UK Driving licence and access to own vehicle due to the location of the site.
* Competent to carry out all electrical works (including inspection and testing) and possess practical engineering skills to be able to work proficiently and carry out installation and repair work without immediate supervision.
* Maintain a strong awareness of electrical standards; as required under regulations and make sure this is communicated to others both visually and verbally.
* Competent in assembly, installation, replacement and inspection of electrical equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools, test equipment and power tools.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Able to work to Electrical Schematics and Connect Control Panels.
* Comfortable working at height.
* Carry out duties in accordance with Company Management System, Policies (including Company Rules), as well as Statutory and Client requirements.
* Previous experience with heavy plant machinery; experience with 240 V and 415 V systems would be beneficial.
* The ability to read and work from technical drawings and SOP's.
* Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
* Good inter-personal skills.
The working hours are a minimum of 40 hours; 0700 to 1630 or 0800 to 1730 (Monday to Friday) plus, overtime offered when available but not mandatory.
20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays. An additional day's holiday is awarded with every 3-years' service.
This role will involve a lot of work away on site and therefore, additional benefits include 1.5 x standard rate of pay for over 45 hours; as well as nightlyout allowances.
Salary/Wage: £10 to £14 per hour negotiabledependent on experience.