22000-25000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
7 months ago
A manufacturer in healthcare and custodial sectors is looking to recruit a Buyer to join the Purchasing team. The role will be required to source, negotiate, and buy goods, materials, and services to meet the company’s operational requirements.
The successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative to set procedures and timescales. Working as part of a small team in a fast moving and pressurised environment, you will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a professional telephone and face to face manner.
Buyer - Responsibilities would include:
- Negotiating terms and conditions with key suppliers
- Analysing MRP reports and taking appropriate action.
- Processing purchase orders (purchasing goods, materials, components, and no parts)
- Expediting orders
- Sourcing and negotiating with new suppliers.
- Ensuring continual cost savings are obtained whilst maintaining customer requirements and uninterrupted supply.
- Reviewing and scoring supplier performance reports
- Managing supplier invoice queries and resolving in the agreed timescale
Buyer – Person Requirements:
- Proven negotiation abilities and a high standard of procurement and commercial acumen
- Able to create Excel spreadsheets/reports and interpret technical drawings.
- Attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Electronics knowledge and a working understanding of IFS would be an advantage.
- C.I.P.S qualified
- Possess a current driving licence and an acceptable driving record.
- Preferably a graduate (in either a business or technical field) who would be prepared to study for C.I.P.S qualification if not already achieved.