30000-35000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 plus benefits
A local family owned business who manufacture bespoke building materials now require a LEAN Engineer to join their team.
Lean Engineer - The Job
You will work closely with the production manager to identify opportunities for improvement in all functions of the production operation including but not limited to value adding processes, QC, picking, packing, back office and management systems. You will work alongside front-line staff devising and implementing improvements and provide support and guidance to ensure progress is locked in. As a passionate lean practitioner, you will have the ability to coach colleagues through the improvement process ensuring ideas for change are owned by the front-line staff responsible for the work. Our production department is a compact and cross skilled team of 12 people and you will be responsible for not only generating ideas for improvement but also physically implementing them where necessary. In addition to your lean duties you will also be responsible for ensuring all plant and machinery is in optimal working order. This is a varied and hands on role with lots of scope for personal and professional development.
LEAN Engineer - Key Responsibilities
Lean Continuous Improvement
- Identify opportunities for improvement within all functions of the production operation
- Devise and develop solutions for improvement alongside operators
- Lead the production department lean programme and instil a culture of improvement
- Identify and deliver lean training so operators can develop their own problem-solving capabilities
LEAN Engineer - Person requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a LEAN Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Hold a recognised LEAN / Sixsigma qualification
- Able to review production processes and establish a lean plan and able to implement cost saving and waste reductions
- Work with external contractors to fix machinery breakdowns
- Able and willing to make simple repairs on production machinery
- Experience with the following LEAN Tools and techniques:
- Passionate lean/continuous improvement practitioner
- Scientific/fact-based approach to problem solving
- Good communicator
- 8 Wastes
- Continuous Improvement
- One Piece Flow
This role is perfect for an experienced and passionate LEAN Engineer with ideas and energy ready for the challenge of playing a leading role in the lean transformation of a compact and dynamic production operation with enthusiastic support from the senior management team.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.