50000-55000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Salary: Circa £55k
A local plastics manufacturing company are now looking for an LEAN Engineer to join their team.
LEAN Engineer – Overview
The LEAN Engineer is part of the Senior Management team and will report directly to the Ops Manager in order to support and deliver on process improvements and performance, as well as provide regular updates to the Group Head of Manufacturing.
LEAN Engineer - Duties
- Continually seek to drive improvements within process design, layout and operational performance, ensuring safe practices are followed.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the processes, to ensure you become an expert within the assigned areas.
- Provide support to Operations, optimising the existing processes to ensure production objectives and KPIs are met.
- Develop, design and evaluate equipment and processes, adopting an innovative approach.
- Act as a “change agent” in the introduction of lean tools such as 6S and standard work in order to reduce waste within the Factory.
- Manage assigned projects.
- Drive forward improvements by working directly with the Factory teams, identifying problem areas and opportunities for collaboration with Head Office.
- Provide continuous improvements with the manufacturing metrics, including OEE, scrap, cost, productivity and utilisation.
- Assist with quality non-conformances and customer complaints as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Operations Manager/Head of Manufacturing in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to travel in order to support the Manufacturing goals.
LEAN Engineer - Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a LEAN Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND, BEng
- Ideally be certified SixSigma BlackBelt or working towards (Minimum Greenbelt)
- Management of sixsigma and lean projects
- Introduced lean principles and techniques from scratch such as SMED, Kaizen, 5S, 5Y etc
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.