35000-40000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Salary: £35k - £40k
A large manufacturing and engineering company are looking for an experienced LEAN Engineer to join their team as their LEAN Practitioner.
LEAN Practitioner - Main Purpose of the Role
- Todeliver projects/programmes using Lean principles and methodologies internally and externally which will provide continuous improvement and/or business benefits.
- Implementation of agreed propositions and internal projects based on Lean philosophy, tools and techniques.
- This role is based in Doncaster however extensive travel around the UK is required & international assignments may form a large part of this role.
- Works within defined structure for project implementation however independence of action is required when working alone on customer sites. Authority to make some decisions within the general remit of the project – more significant changes/decisions that are outside the scope of the project would be referred to management.
- Maintaining a professional image and providing a high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- No direct line management responsibility internally, however a requirement to train, guide and facilitate small to medium sized teams within customer sites and provide advice in a coaching and development capacity, embedding and developing internal Lean capability.
- Working to defined project design with limited scope to change project once agreed, however has the responsibility to arrange own work to meet set objectives.
- Work largely proactive in line with the project plan however reactive to changing demands of the environment/customer.
- Weekly/monthly checks on performance depending on the nature of the project.
- Knowledge of all Lean principles, procedures, methods and techniques are essential.
- Broad understanding of the end to end supply chain of the organisation to enable knowledge transfer within the function and to external stakeholders. (desirable)
- Requirement to use analytical skills and judgement to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Work environment largely depending on customer site (both national and international) can vary from trackside, night work through to office based open plan with desks fairly close together.
- High levels of flexibility required to respond to customer demands which could involve extensive travelling, overnight stays and extended stays away from home with possible weekend work.
LEAN Practitioner - Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Develop Project Plans for all activity, manage the plan effectively through project gateways in line with SCS processes.
- Prioritisation and delegation of tasks and identify countermeasures for all off target items to ensure the successful delivery of the projects and achievement of objectives
- Develop and deliver quality reports/feedback presentations to clients (including plans to meet objectives) at agreed frequency and complete case studies for all work
- Contribute to the development of the business to deliver effective results and sustainable transformation
- Consistently apply Lean principles
- Ensure consistency and standardization with clients and ensure that the correct methodologies are applied and followed
- Design an improved future state, setting future state targets, KPI’s and objectives, agree these with the Managing Practitioner and the client and implement effectively
- Synthesise findings drawing conclusions and implications from data analysis. Identify the more immediate short term opportunities.
- Conduct detailed diagnostics to establish current state operations and current performance
- Identify improvement opportunities aligned with current SCS propositions
- Identify potential ‘sell on’ opportunities and manage them through with the Managing Practitioner/Operations Director
- Work with and coach teams at a client site to develop capability and gain trust and support for the project
- Demonstrate commitment to personal development.
- Maintain development portfolio and actively develop own skills and competencies to support client engagement, practice, development and personal career progression
- Completion of time sheets, project trackers and weekly project reports in a timely manner
LEAN Practitioner – Person requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a LEAN Practitioner. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Operational experience of implementation of Lean philosophy and methods.
- Experience of managing projects and delivering objectives to timescales.
- Experience of Lean in a variety of environments.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement Consultancy Support.
- Demonstrable experience of working at all levels, showing empathy, assertiveness and influence.
- Experience of facilitation, coaching and training.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Desirable).
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.