20000-24000 Per Annum
5 months ago
Logistics Administrator – 3 month temporary contract
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £20k - £24k Pro-rata
A local engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Logistics Administrator to join their team.
Logistics Administrator - Summary:
You are expected to keep track of and chase shipments once they have been collected by the freight forwarder, keeping stakeholders informed of their progress.
You will also be responsible for the gathering and input of key shipping information for each customer to ensure that consignments pass through customs in the smoothest possible manner.
Logistics Administrator - Responsibilities:
The Logistics Administrator will be responsible for:
- Providing daily updates on locations and movements of shipments
- Contacting freight forwarders to chase shipments when required
- Collection and input of EORI numbers for each EU customer
- Collection and input of delivery terms for each customer
- Chasing of additional information from sales department
- Obtaining freight quotes as necessary
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Logistics Administrator - EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be experienced in office administration tasks
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office
- Computer literate
- Experience in logistics/freight would be an advantage
Logistics Administrator - PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Able to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the company
- Fast learner
- Able to think for themselves without waiting instruction
- Professional in all forms of communication including internal and external telephone calls and email
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.