40000-45000 Per Annum
about 2 months ago
Salary: 12 month FTC & salary range of £40-£45k
A large, national company are now looking for a Logistics Manager with importing & exporting experience to join their team. This is a 12 month contract with a very real possibility if it going permanent.
Logistics Manager - JOB DESCRIPTION
You are expected to participate in the Operations Department Leadership Team, develop annual business plans, contribute to the overall strategy and run the local logistics function on a day-to-day basis to achieve approved targets.
As one of the leaders in the business, you are expected to exemplify the leadership and behaviours that are aligned with the Core Values and do your utmost to improve and enhance the reputation of the business in all of your business dealings.
Logistics Manager - Responsibilities:
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations
- Contributing towards and achieving annual budgets
- Adherence to and delivery of approved strategic initiatives
- Effectively managing and developing the local logistics team within your control in order to achieve approved targets and comply with company policies
- To plan and manage workload in the department in coordination with the Logistics Manager
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement
- To manage the exporting process to ensure all legal, procedural and customs requirements are met
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in the department
- Ensuring that the logistics department is adequately resourced to expedite forecast workloads in a timely fashion within the confines of agreed annual budgets
- Leading change and integrating best practice amongst the logistics team
- Ensuring that company processes, systems and tools are used properly and consistently
- Fulfilling all relevant Logistic duties and driving continuous improvement in collaboration with the Supply Chain & Excellence Manager
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Logistics Manager - PERSON SPECIFICATION
Logistics Manager - EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications
- Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
- Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
- Proven track record within a fast pace, demanding manufacturing environment
Logistics Manager - PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing and automotive processes and components and of supply chain management
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Bill of Material (BOM) and customer data systems
- Ability to analyse and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport would be advantageous
- Able to work as a member of a team, but also capable of working alone to tight deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills, and able to maintaining high standards
- Building strong internal and external customer relationships
- Leading major change initiatives and projects with a view to continual improvement
- Building and developing winning teams
- High standard of written English and good communication skills, and strong presentation and report-writing skills
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.