Stoke on Trent
40000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
IMPORT EXPORT MANAGER
Location: Stoke on Trent (Staffordshire)
Salary: Circa £40k - £50K
This is an exciting job opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company as their Import Export Manager.
IMPORT EXPORT MANAGER -About the company:
The company moves in excess of 12,000 loads of ocean and road freight per year in and out of the UK, with a turnover in excess of £260 million.
You will be working across their 4 fast paced distribution companies in this highly visible role will be varied and ever changing, they are therefore looking for a leader to make a significant contribution to their Supply Chain department.
IMPORT EXPORT MANAGER -The role
The key deliverables are to:
- take responsibility for processes and systems in a hands on way
- partner with key stakeholders on our Brexit strategy
- have excellent customs legislative and regulatory knowledge which you apply to your day to day role
- minimise disruption caused by supply chain delays
- ensure all goods are appropriately, expedited, monitored and declared to enable smooth arrival into the UK
- manage and improve existing processes in relation to CFSP, AEO, EIDR and HMRC
IMPORT EXPORT MANAGER -The Person
To excel in this role you will:
- have at least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- be system savvy and able to work in different systems concurrently.
- have a hands on and driven approach to your role.
- demonstrate in depth knowledge and experience of customs regulations and procedures.
- have an open communication style and be happy to share your knowledge and mentor other team members.
- be forward thinking and able to change your approach to suit changing goals.
- proactively solve problems by taking responsibility and being tenacious.
- be able to multi task and switch priorities quickly whilst maintaining focus.
- Drive and enthusiasm to grow into larger projects and roles.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.