0161 976 3540
7 months ago
Salary: Circa £40k
My client is a large manufacturing business that are looking for a Logistics Manager to join their team. The right candidate will contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
Logistics Manager – Job Role:
- To manage the people & processes related to UK distribution including, HGV & FLT fleet, garage, & external providers in order to gain the most optimised output balancing cost & service.
- To manage people & processes related to export freight including external partners in order to gain the most optimised use whilst balancing cost & service.
- To manage people & processes related to the flow of product from paper machine production to finish goods storage including:
- The movement & storage of product in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Optimise usage of internal & external warehousing facilities, both UK & overseas.
- Ensuring accurate physical to digital reconciliation of all product stock records.
- Responsible for direct supervision, training, safety performance, product quality, cost control, employee communications, employee morale and productivity related to above.
- Analyse data & produce information, outlining risks & opportunities on which sound strategic business decisions can be made in relation to the above.
Logistics Manager – Person Requirements:
• Degree or equivalent in Business Management or Logistics Management.
• Lean Six Sigma – working towards or achieved Green Belt as a minimum.
• Transport competent person (certificate issued by the Ministry of Transport)
• Up to 5 years in a relevant position