35000-45000 Per Annum Competitive Benefit Package
about 2 years ago
Main Contract/Civils Estimator
Salary: up to £45,000 + Benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Main Contract/Civils Estimator to join a well-established contractor, based in South Lanarkshire.
Main Contract/Civils Estimator - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil/Building projects.
- Examining incoming tenders and reviewing contract potential.
- Producing Bills of Quantities.
- Measuring & Quantity Take-Off from drawings.
- You will be sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotation, agreements and enquires.
- Cost Planning.
- Build up tender price from first principles based on scope of works, plans specifications and programme.
- Producing tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre and post contract interviews and client meetings.
- Investigate certain cost saving strategies and solutions.
- Comply with company procedures.
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques.
Main contract/Civils Estimator - Job Requirements:
- 5 years + experience with a large Civils or Main contractor.
- You will ideally have either a HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or Civils Engineering.
- Familiar with various forms of contract such as JCT and NEC as well as various methods of measurement including SMM7 & NRM2.
- Experience of design and build.
- Microsoft Office proficient and ideally you will have experience in Microsoft Project or other project programming software.
- Ideally experienced in estimator software, preferably Causeway.
For more information please call Mike Lucas on 07932647395.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions. South Lanarkshire, Carnwath, Scotland.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.