30000-33000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
A large manufacturing company are now looking for an Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Overview
- Mechanically biased technician with some tooling experience or tooling
- Role is 50%-50% split of ‘on plant’ & workshop activities
- Responsibility for the routine maintenance of existing production tooling, working closely with both internal external stakeholders as required.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- Perform effective planned preventative inspection & repairs on press tooling.
- Perform scheduled Planned Preventative Maintenance on production equipment to minimise unplanned downtime and quality concerns [such as hydraulic & power presses, conveyors, resistance welding machines, hydraulic guillotines, stretch & shrink wrap machinery] .
- Work with the Asset Care Support Managers to produce & develop effective maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods.
- Liaise with Production and Quality departments to ensure Tooling availability to press quality parts.
- Documenting breakdowns; identifying route cause with the company Breakdown Analysis Procedure and remedial action to help identify and resolve reoccurring issues.
- Repair and refurbishment of existing tooling.
- Maintain tooling documentation within quality requirements.
- Track and monitor tooling asset performance
- Coordinate and technically support tool trials and process implementation.
- Prepare tooling for manufacturing in line with production plan.
- Assess condition of all tooling following production & perform minor reworks / repairs utilizing in house & external facilities.
- Liaise with external tool makers to arrange for and manage major repairs where required.
- Communicate associated failure modes and remedial actions and work collaboratively to deliver tooling improvements and improve MTTR/MTBF.
- Ensure a high standard of 5S housekeeping is maintained throughout the departmental and manufacturing facility.
- Drive and support process improvement initiatives related to mould tooling.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Time served apprenticeship and/or hold relevant engineering qualifications
- Happy to work independentlyand in a team
- Diligent with attention to detail Be a logical problem solver with excellent fault-finding abilities.
- Strong communication skills, able to report across all levels.
- Be experienced on high-speed production press tooling.
- Resourceful, proactive and pragmatic in problem solving
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.