39000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
4 months ago
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £40K (including shift allowance)
A innovative manufacturing company are now looking for a Maintenance Engineer
to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer – Overview
Provide hands-on technical assistance not exclusively of an electrical nature in the maintenance, installation, commissioning, fault finding and de-commissioning of plant and equipment.
Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- Provide rapid technical assistance in the resolution of equipment and plant malfunctions, carry out fault-finding repairs and refurbishments as necessary.
- Develop and refine local operating procedures to maximise efficiency and minimise waste (scrap, re-work and unplanned inspection).
- Train operators in the safe operation of equipment and promote up-skilling.
- Develop and maintain process and plant efficiency and utilization measures to use as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Continuously strive to eliminate and reduce waste of any kind within the manufacturing process, scrap, re-work and consumables.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance of jigs, fixtures, plant and other equipment to minimise efficiency losses to production whilst carefully controlling costs.
- Assist in the integration of new plant and equipment into the production environment.
- Set and strive to improve housekeeping standards through the use of the 5S approach.
Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Time served apprenticeship with the relevant C & G Electrical qualification plus 17th edition for relevant engineering degree, HNC or HND.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of PLC programming and fault finding.
- Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of robotic programming desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record of problem solving.
- Able to use own initiative to effectively manage and prioritse workload.
- Able to work inclusively in a team environment.
- Experience of working on injection moulding machines desirable
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.