30000-36000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £36K
A large manufacturing company are now looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer – Overview
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Resourceful, proactive and pragmatic in problem solving.
- Able to deliver to schedule.
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Strong team-working abilities
- Be a logical problem solver with excellent fault-finding abilities.
- Strong communication skills, able to report across all levels.
- Be experienced on high-speed production press tooling.
Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- Role is 50%-50% split of ‘on plant’ & workshop activities.
- Responsibility for the routine maintenance of existing production tooling, working closely with both internal external stakeholders as required.
- Perform effective planned preventative inspection & repairs on press tooling.
- Perform scheduled Planned Preventative Maintenance on production equipment to minimise unplanned downtime and quality concerns [such as hydraulic & power presses, conveyors, resistance welding machines, hydraulic guillotines, stretch & shrink wrap machinery] .
- Work with the Support Managers to produce & develop effective maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods.
- Liaise with Production and Quality departments to ensure Tooling availability to press quality parts.
- Documenting breakdowns: identifying route cause with the company Breakdown Analysis Procedure and remedial action to help identify and resolve reoccurring issues.
- Act as area champion for workshop & tool shop workplace standards
- Repair and refurbishment of existing tooling.
- Maintain tooling documentation within quality requirements.
- Prepare tooling for manufacturing in line with production plan.
- Assess condition of all tooling following production & perform minor reworks / repairs utilizing in house & external facilities.
- Liaise with external tool makers to arrange for and manage major repairs where required.
- Communicate associated failure modes and remedial actions and work collaboratively to deliver tooling improvements and improve MTTR/MTBF.
Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as aMaintenance EngineerYou will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hydraulics & pneumatics [fault finding& repair]
- Hydraulic power presses
- Induction welding machines
- Packaging equipment
- Undertaking PPM’s & breakdown tasks
- Electrical fault finding, motor testing etc.
- Using computerised maintenance management systems [CMMS]
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.