30000-32000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
6 months ago
Salary: 30-32K + bonuses and benefits
An automotive manufacturing company are now looking for an Maintenance Engineer
to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer – Overview
To safely and responsibly maintain and improve overall equipment effectiveness to maximise plant availability, performance whilst meeting quality requirements.
Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- To maintain site health, safety & environmental standards and company policies, be responsible for own safety and the safety of those around who may be impacted
- To attend and resolve equipment breakdowns within agreed target times
- To carry out and record works in accordance with the annual maintenance plan
- To provide engineering support to the operation and minimise non-operational time
- To maintain workshop spare inventory
- To support process improvement activities which affect Overall Equipment Effectiveness (product of Quality, Performance & Availability)
- To actively contribute to capital investment projects
- To achieve and maintain workshop housekeeping standards
- To adopt and behave according to the Business Attitudes, acting with consideration and respect for others
- To supply essential out of hours activity as required by the business, without breaching the Working Time Directive or exceeding the company’s 6-day maximum working policy
- To act on any reasonable request by the company or leadership team
Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Engineer . You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Relevant engineering qualifications or time served
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing process environment
- Working knowledge of machinery safety
- Shall possess a strong general Health, Safety and Environmental awareness
- Maintenance and repair of fluid transfer pumps (diaphragm & positive displacement)
- Electro-Pneumatic (actuated valves, switches)
- Practical fault-finding knowledge of Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation systems
- Electrical drive systems - direct, geared, fixed & variable speed controllers
- Mechanical systems – gears, shafts, bearings, drive belts, conveyors Highly desirable..
- PLC checks and programme modifications capability (Siemens S7, ideally Omron and Mitsubishi)
- Compressed air systems, compressors, direct expansion dryers & filtration systems
- Knowledge of steam boiler heating systems
- Knowledge of basic hydraulics
- Root cause analysis methodology skills
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.