Upton upon Severn
28000-32000 Per Annum Overtime
0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Location: Upton Upon Severn
Salary: Circa £32K + OT
Mon – Fri days based role
A manufacturer are looking to add a Maintenance Engineer to their team
Maintenance Engineer Overview
to work on days or shifts as required, providing breakdown and maintenance cover on a varied range of machinery. You will be required to prevent machine failure during your shift along with carrying out preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled during the shift to required standard
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities
- Conduct continuous machine observation and measurement during the shift, identifying potential failure or deterioration in output, waste or quality performance from machine standards.
- Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration completing remedial work entering issue and rectification on CMMS system, brief Manager on issue, cause and recommended solution.
- Use manuals and failure history to develop preventative tasks.
- Train engineers/operators how to perform new tasks as and when required.
- Report all accidents, injuries or near miss through use of monitoring system
- Conduct machine observation, identifying potential safety risks and taking necessary actions to remove the hazard.
- Respond immediately to equipment failures and determine the most effective solution.
- Buy spares as and when required and deal with suppliers
- Control of contractors ensuring all safety procedures and site rules are adhered to
- Develop and recommend solutions to issues
- Observe and understand non-productive activities such as tooling changeover
- Complete corrective actions during shift to return equipment to standard output, quality and waste levels.
- Identify causes of reduction in output per hour, or yield losses alongside the quality control personnel.
- Conduct systematic, rigorous and accurate fault diagnosis and regularly observe the operation of all equipment.
- Develop and recommend solutions to improve machine performance and output
- Enter all breakdowns and modifications onto the CMMS system (Pirana)
- Perform facilities activities when required
Maintenance Engineer Qualifications and Experience
- Apprentice trained with an electro / mechanical skillset
- Ability to read electrical drawings and logically fault find
- Read mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Experience of inverter, servo, DC drives and experience or understanding of PLC controls.
- Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control, extruders or related machinery and worked with high speed rotating machinery. (E.g. saws, CNC)
- Fabrication experience and mechanical expertise
- HNC/HND or equivalent in mechanical or electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 18Th Edition
- PAT testing experience
- Ability to use Microsoft office and excel
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical or mechanical Engineering
- Understand basic CNC programming
- UPVC machinery experience advantageous
- Wood working CNC experience advantageous
- Fork lift licence
- MEWP licence
For more information please contact Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540