30000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
2 months ago
Salary: £30 - 40K
Mon - Fri Days
Maintenance Engineer – Overview
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Maintenance Engineer
to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- Have the ability & experience of fully servicing manufacturing plant machinery & equipment.
- Maintain the physical plant, all electrical and mechanical equipment both in the production environment and general site maintenance.
- Monitor the use, and inventories, of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment reordering when necessary.
- Create and work to agreed engineering KPIs as part of the company's goal of continuous improvement.
- Prioritise the maintenance of the operational areas and be prepared to be flexible and available in order that company standards are continuously achieved.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are recorded on the company's computerised system in the appropriate manner.
- Ensure correct Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to at all times.
- Coordinate and manage third party contractors on site in accordance with Company H&Sregulations.
Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven multi-skilled engineering/maintenance experience within the food or other FMCG industry.
- Mechanical skills - hydraulics, pneumatics, belts, bearings and chains.
- Electrical skills - 3 phase motors, relays and contactors, motor drives.
- Proven experience of planning & scheduling preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Good knowledge of food industry machinery i.e. production/packing lines, thermo-formers, MAP packing machinery, portion controlled fillers, steamers, clippers, slicing machines.
- Experience using web-based maintenance programmes.
- Excellent technical understanding, machine knowledge, expertise and machine identification.
- Electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Health and Safety conscious with demonstrable history of training
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.